August 04, 2014

I DO NOT SEEK MY OWN WILL

"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me."-- John 5:30
Nothing but self-will can separate us from God. -- St. Alphonsus Liguori
Our self will is so subtle and so deeply rooted within us, so covered with excuses and defended by false reasoning, that it seems to be a demon. When we cannot do our own will in one way, we do it in another, under all kinds of pretexts. -- St. Catherine of Genoa

The self-willed who disobey the truth and obey unrighteousness will fall anger and fury, affliction and awful distress -- Romans 2:8
Be a man of blameless life, true to his one wife, having children who are themselves believers and are free from every reproach of profligacy or of stubborn self-will. -- Titus 1:6

Are you seeking great things for yourself? Don't do it! I will bring great disaster upon all these people; but I will give you your life as a reward wherever you go. I, the LORD, have spoken!'" -- Jeremiah 45:5
Let my soul not enter into their council; Let not my glory be united with their assembly; Because in their anger they slew men, And in their self-will they lamed oxen (Gn 49:6). Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored! Renew our days as of old (Lam 5:21).


Published:
September 19, 2013 - 8:46AM

Do the Will of the Heavenly Father

In His Will Jesus teaches, clear and bright, Doing God’s will is our guiding light. Above all bonds, our hearts align, In God’s embrace, our...