October 11, 2016

It is better, if it is God's will, 
to suffer for doing good 
than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:17

For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men (1 Peter 2:15).


Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right (1 Peter 4:19).


We must unite ourselves to God's will. Even those that we suffer from man...for example, contempt, injustice, loss of reputation, loss of temporal goods and all kinds of persecutions. On these occasions we must remember that whilst God doesn't will the sin, He does will our humiliation, our poverty, or our mortification, as the case may be. It is certain and of Faith, that whatever happens, happens by the will of God. Our conduct in such instances is the true measure of our love for God. -- St. Alphonsus Liguori

Let me become the food of the beasts, through whom it will be given me to reach God. -- St. Ignatius of Antioch, Ad Romanos 4:1

I am writing to all the Churches and I enjoin all, that I am dying willingly for God's sake, if only you do not prevent it. I beg you, do not do me an untimely kindness. Allow me to be eaten by the beasts, which are my way of reaching to God. I am God's wheat, and I am to be ground by the teeth of wild beasts, so that I may become the pure bread of Christ. — St. Ignatius of Antioch Letter to the Romans

Do the Will of the Heavenly Father

In His Will Jesus teaches, clear and bright, Doing God’s will is our guiding light. Above all bonds, our hearts align, In God’s embrace, our...