January 29, 2019

I COME TO DO YOUR WILL

Sacrifice or oblation you wished not, 
but ears open to obedience you gave me. 
Holocaust or sin-offerings you sought not; 
then said I, “Behold I come. 
In the written scroll it is prescribed for me,
 to do your will, O my God, 
is my delight, and your law is within my heart!” 
(Psalm 40:7-9)


Hebrews 10:4-10

Brothers and sisters: It is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats take away sins. For this reason, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; holocausts and sin offerings you took no delight in.

Then I said, ‘As is written of me in the scroll, behold, I come to do your will, O God.’” First he says, “Sacrifices and offerings, holocausts and sin offerings, you neither desired nor delighted in.” These are offered according to the law.

"Behold, I come to do your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. By this “will,” we have been consecrated through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.



Lord Jesus, only You can save me from sin. You are my Savior and Redeemer who never cease in loving me. Cover me with Your most precious blood so that I may live safe and secure against any form of evil. Teach me the ways to live in accordance with the will of the Father so that in everything I say and do, God will always be praised and glorified. In You I live today with the promise of eternal life to come. Amen.


Published:
March 25, 2017, 8:23 AM
March 26, 2012 7:08AM

Do the Will of the Heavenly Father

In His Will Jesus teaches, clear and bright, Doing God’s will is our guiding light. Above all bonds, our hearts align, In God’s embrace, our...